The Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI) is a prominent agricultural research organization in Bangladesh. It plays a pivotal role in agricultural research and development within the country. BARI is responsible for conducting research, developing improved agricultural technologies and practices, and disseminating them to farmers to enhance agricultural productivity and food security. Here are some key aspects of the Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute (BARI):
- Research Activities: BARI conducts research in various fields of agriculture, including crop improvement, pest management, soil science, and farm management. The institute focuses on developing high-yielding and resilient crop varieties to address the specific needs of Bangladesh’s agriculture.
- Crop Diversification: BARI is involved in diversifying crop production to reduce dependence on a few major crops and promote a wider range of crops suitable for different regions and agroecological zones of Bangladesh.
- Technological Innovations: BARI works on developing and promoting innovative agricultural technologies, including improved farming practices, efficient irrigation methods, and sustainable farming systems.
- Varietal Development: The institute is known for its work in developing and releasing improved crop varieties, particularly rice, wheat, jute, and other staple crops, to boost yields and resilience against pests and diseases.
- Seed Production: BARI plays a crucial role in seed production and distribution, ensuring that high-quality seeds of improved varieties reach farmers across the country.
- Training and Extension Services: BARI offers training and extension services to farmers, agricultural workers, and extension agents to transfer research findings and technologies to the grassroots level.
- Collaborations: BARI collaborates with national and international agricultural research organizations, universities, and development partners to advance agricultural research and development in Bangladesh.
- Crop Protection: The institute conducts research on integrated pest management (IPM) and sustainable agricultural practices to reduce the use of chemical pesticides and promote environmentally friendly farming methods.
|Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute
|Type of The Job
|Online Govt Job
|All jobs teletak
|198 Man and Woman
|Image 1No See
|See Image Notice
|See Image Notice
|Apply Fee Process
|Application Start Date
|05/09/23- 9.00 AM
|Application The Last Date
|30/09/23 5.00 PM
|Online Application Website
|Man and Woman